Our clinical internship is an exciting and challenging placement for master’s and doctoral candidates in counseling and social work. If you are self-directed, enjoy working collaboratively, appreciate a lively work environment, and are open to a variety of counseling techniques and approaches, then The Women’s Center may be the right choice for you.
- group supervision, 2 hours per week;
- one-on-one-supervision with a senior clinician who has an average of 15-35 years of experience; and
- peer supervision from the many talented therapists sharing the intern office.
Clients, in turn benefit from low worker-client caseloads and affordable services.
- Counseling and social work graduate students from accredited nonprofit programs/universities
- 2 hours of mandatory group supervision per week (10-12 Wednesdays)
- 1 hour of required individual supervision per week
- Available for a minimum of 2 contiguous semesters, preferably 3
- Able to contribute at least 8 daytime on-site hours out of a weekly minimum of 16-24 hour
- 2 intake/crisis counseling hours per week
- Active participation in peer supervision
- Check with your field office liaison to determine the process for your program. Requirements vary.
- Contact us 3-6 months ahead for positions beginning Sept, Jan, and May.
- Email a copy of your statement of purpose (if available) and your resume to our Clinical Director, Marnie Leavitt <marnie [“at” sign] womenscentersemi.org>. We do not have the capacity to answer phone inquiries.
- We will respond within a week with further details and suggested dates and times for an interview.
- An hour-long interview with 2 staff members and a current intern, if available, will introduce you to The Center and give you a chance to ask questions and share your perspective.
- If you find that our program is a good fit for you (and vice versa), we will follow up by email with a written agreement.
We accept 18-23 graduate students each year in overlapping semester-based rotations. This means that we have as few as 2 and as many as 7 available positions beginning in January, May, and September.
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Education Program (CACREP); or
- Council of Social Work Education (CSWE); or
- Commission on Accreditation for Marriage Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE)