A FREE drop-in support group for expectant and new moms and their babies. Tuesdays 1:00-2:30 p.m.
MomShare is a time to meet other woman on a similar journey. Bring your whole self — and your little one, if you wish — to connect, learn, and grow.
We offer a weekly touchpoint with snacks in a cozy atmosphere, mixed with a bit of education and some fun.
Facilitator Lisa Anderson, LMSW, has years of experience with the mom-and-infant group known as “Mindful Moms.”
This group is a partnership between the Women’s Center and Michigan Medicine’s Von Voigtlander Women’s Hospital. To register, please email Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topics may include:
- Psychoeducation – perinatal mental health concerns; depression and anxiety as well as underlying biology of women’s vulnerability during this time in your life.
- Infant sleep – the struggle of adapting to sleep deprivation and managing the stress.
- Infant soothing – based on the work of Dr. Harvey Karp, Happiest Baby on the Block.
- Infant feeding challenges, how they can affect mental health and coping. Strategies to improve coping.
- Infant safety – sleep, car seats, home safety and babyproofing.
- Relationship and intimacy after baby.
- Boundaries and extended family stressors.
The informal atmosphere is a chance to gain confidence and to feel more connected with our babies and each other.