A FREE drop-in support group for expectant and new moms and their babies. Tuesdays 1:00-2:30 p.m.
MomShare is a time to meet other woman on a similar journey. Bring your whole self — and your little one, if you wish — to connect, learn, and grow.
We offer a weekly touchpoint with snacks in a cozy atmosphere, mixed with a bit of education and some fun.
Our weekly get-togethers typically include a mindfulness exercise, check in, topic of the day, and intention-setting for the week ahead. All mothers are welcome.
Facilitator Lisa Anderson, LMSW, has years of experience with the mom-and-infant group known as “Mindful Moms.” She is is a perinatal Social Worker at Michigan Medicine working in OB and pediatrics and with the psychiatry team. She is also the mother of “three wonderful girls.”
“I love helping families navigate transition into new parenthood! It is my belief that great beginnings lead to happy families and that it is critical to support mothers through this radically changing period of life. The informal atmosphere is a chance to gain confidence and to feel more connected with our babies and each other.”
Topics may include:
- Psychoeducation – perinatal mental health concerns; depression and anxiety as well as underlying biology of women’s vulnerability during this time in your life.
- Infant sleep – the struggle of adapting to sleep deprivation and managing the stress.
- Infant soothing – based on the work of Dr. Harvey Karp, Happiest Baby on the Block.
- Infant feeding challenges, how they can affect mental health and coping. Strategies to improve coping.
- Infant safety – sleep, car seats, home safety and babyproofing.
- Relationship and intimacy after baby.
- Boundaries and extended family stressors.
This group is a partnership between the Women’s Center and Michigan Medicine’s Von Voigtlander Women’s Hospital.